Serajevo’s resiliency makes it one of the most intriguing cities in Europe. Spend 4 wicked nights in this amazing place for £97 per person including flights and stay.
The cheapest option is by taking return flights to Tuzla then a return bus to Sarajevo. On this deal you would spend 1 night in Tuzla and 3 nights in Sarajevo.
Sarajevo has made 2017 Cheapest Cities in Europe, coming in at #8. It is resilient, intriguing and cosmopolitan. This is where WW1 started! Also, back in the 1990s, it was besieged and at the brink of death during the Bosnian War. Today, it is mainly revitalised with its unique mix of Ottoman, Yugoslav and Austro-Hungarian Buildings.
5 things you must do:
- Stroll around the old town – this historic old town is charming and similar to Krakow’s old town but with mosques.
- Learn about history – the 1990s siege of Sarajevo is still evident with the bullet riddled apartments. If you’re interested you can take the Sarajevo’s History 3 Hour Mini Bus Tour .
- Zlatna Ribica, one of the coolest bars – Wine in a fish pitcher, live goldfish and menus hanging from the chandeliers are just some quirky features in this bar.
- Visit the Place Where WWI Started – In 1914, Austria’s Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife were shot dead. The assassination triggered the start of WW1.
- Learn how to drink Coffee, Bosnian Style – First, spoon off the foam from the coffee in your dzerva (copper coffee pot). Then pour some coffee into your cup before topping it with the foam. Next, dip your sugar cube into the coffee to soften it, then take a bite of the sugar cube and take a sip of the coffee. When you reach the coffee near the bottom of your dzerva, use your spoon to hold back the coffee grounds muck on the bottom. -FGTG
- Direct return flights London Luton to Tuzla
- Return Bus Tuzla to Sarajevo
- Listed Flight: July 4 to July 8
- Hand luggage included
- Apartment rated 9.4 on Booking.com
- Flights: £33
- Return Bus: £22
- Tuzla 1 Night Stay: £17
- Sarajevo 3 Nights Stay: £25
- Total Cost: £97 per person
- *Prices based on a trip for 2
Sarajevo View offers accommodation in Sarajevo, 2 km from Latin bridge and 2.2 km from Bascarsija Street. The unit is 2.3 km from Sebilj Fountain. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property.
The unit equipped with a kitchen with a microwave and fridge. A flat-screen TV is featured. Free private parking is also available at this apartment.
Sarajevo War Tunnel is 7 km from Sarajevo View, while Eternal Flame in Sarajevo is 1.2 km away. Sarajevo International Airport is 7 km from the property.
This property is also rated for the best value in Sarajevo! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city.