Visit one of USA’s premier sports and culture cities in Boston, Massachusetts for £305 direct return flights from Gatwick.
Boston AKA New England has a long and storied history with the UK. You may have heard of that time when the Bostonians threw a tea party for the Brits. 🤣
As an avid sports fan, Boston is one of my favourite cities to cheer against. The home crowd can be quite intense so you may not want to agitate them too much. Here are the bad guys:
- New England Patriots, the best NFL team led by the Greatest Quarterback, Tom Brady and genius coach Bill Billichik is one of the most polarising teams in American sports. I vehemently root against them but they always seem to win.
- Boston Red Sox, the MLB team finally broke the “Curse of the Bambino” and won the World Series in 2004.
- Boston Celtics, the NBA team that rivals the Los Angeles Lakers as the most successful team in NBA history. The team is loaded with depth, draft picks and savvy management. They are led by a 5′ 9” guard with limitless talent and tenacity.
- Boston Bruins, the NHL team that beat my hometown Vancouver Canucks and caused an ensuing riot (silly Canadians).
Boston has a lot more to offer than just the pinnacle of sports:
- Fenway Park is still sports related, but you must visit this ball park.
- Boston Common is the oldest city park in the USA dating back from 1634.
- Freedom Trail is a 2.5-mile-long path through downtown Boston, Massachusetts, that passes by 16 locations significant to the history of the United States.
- Boston Public Garden
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Cheers Bar from the iconic TV show from the 90s “Where everybody knows your name.”
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace
- Boston Sympathy Orchestra
- Harvard University